MMHS Welcomes Nathan Kleinmeyer

Mr. Nathan Kleinmeyer will be our new Principal at the middle/high school starting July 1. He has been in the office in June meeting staff, conducting some teacher interviews and finding his way around. Here is a greeting message from Mr. Kleinmeyer. Be sure top in and introduce yourself to him sometime.

Greetings Midland Students, Parents and Community, 

It is my pleasure to serve you as secondary principal starting this coming school year.

My name is Nathan Kleinmeyer, and this is my fifth year in educational leadership. Prior to becoming principal, I had many experiences in education including ParaProfessional for one year, High School History Teacher and coach at Riverside in Oakland, Iowa,  for one year, 8th Grade History Teacher and coach for eleven years in Plattsmouth, Nebraska, and I have been serving as the 7-12 Principal at GMG in Garwin, Iowa for the past four years. I consider myself to always be a learner, teacher and coach at heart. 

I am originally from Amana, Iowa and graduated from Clear Creek Amana High School. My educational background includes a B.S. in Business Administration Entrepreneurship and History from Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, an Endorsement in Secondary Education from Buena Vista University in Council Bluffs, a Master’s in Educational Leadership from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

I currently live in Atkins, Iowa, with my best friend and wife of 19 years, Lynn, and our two children, Jackson, 15 and Ava, 12. We enjoy traveling and outdoor adventurers as a family.  I was heavily involved in school activities my whole life; whether sports, or the fine arts. I still enjoy golfing when I get a chance and taking our dog, Gunther, an AussieDoodle, on walks. 

It is my privilege to be part of Midland Secondary with the many talented teachers, staff and students! I look forward to meeting all of you and being part of this amazing family.