- ACTIVITIES CALENDAR ON RSCHOOL – RSchool Made Easy Instructions
- ACTIVITIES PAMPHLET – High School
- ACTIVITIES PAMPHLET – Middle School
- ANNUAL NOTICE REGARDING RECORDS
- ATHLETE COACH PARENT RELATIONSHIP
- ATHLETIC BOOSTER INFO
- ATHLETIC PHYSICAL/CONCUSSION FORM
- BUILDING USE FORM – electronic form that goes directly to school office.
- BUS INFORMATION – ROUTES, HARD SURFACE ONLY ROUTES, ETC.
- DRIVERS EDUCATION INFO – held each June, sign up in the high school office starting each January.
- FAMILY HANDBOOK– School rules and expectations
- LUNCH APPLICATION
- LUNCH APPLICATION – HOW TO APPLY
- LUNCH APPLICATION LETTER
- MMHS A-B SCHEDULE DAYS CALENDAR
- NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY CRITERION
- OPEN ENROLLMENT FORM 2021-22 due to district office by March 1, 2021. Kindergarteners due by September 15, 2021.
- RSCHOOL is the program Midland uses for all calendar items, sports, activities, etc. Create your own Rschool account so you can receive notifications for items that affect you, like changes or additions to any calendars or schedules. All updates go on here first, this will be your first notification for any delays or cancellations. You can also print off any sports schedule for any level here.
- SCHOOL CALENDAR, revised for snow days
- SCHOOL FEES
- SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
- SCHOOL DRIVING PERMIT APPLICATION FORM, you will need to submit this to the HS office in order to get the correct paperwork to take to the DOT office to apply. Do not apply until you are 14 years and 6 months old or it will be invalid. Student must have a sit down meeting with the principal to go over the rules prior to receiving the needed paperwork.
- SILVER SERVICE
- STUDENT OPT OUT POLICY – sign and turn in if you don’t want your child to be photographed or filed for use in print, television, film, District website, social media or other internet publications. Needs submitted annually to opt out.
- TECHNOLOGY DEVICE AGREEMENT
- TECHNOLOGY POLICY
- **Optional** TECHNOLOGY DEVICE INSURANCE
- TRANSCRIPTS – For high school transcripts call the high school office at 319-259-5340 x 1250 or fax to 563-488-2253 or email Secretary Michelle Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRANSPORTATION – John Stender is the Midland transportation director. He can be reached at 319-259-5340 x 1350 for any transportation questions. Students in grades 6-8 will need a note from a parent to give to the bus driver if riding a different bus than normal. The office does not need to know, but the bus driver does. An activity bus will be run for middle school sports practices and when Eagle Lab is held. Activity bus leaves the front of the school at 5:05.
- VOLUNTEERS, CHAPERONES, DRIVERS
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS OF MIDLAND MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
SCHOOL SCHEDULE CHANGE NOTIFICATIONS:
When it comes to weather related and school schedule change announcements we are hoping to get our ParentSquare messaging up and going as soon as possible. Until then, we will post on Facebook and to the news organizations that we can as soon as a decision is made. At this time, the news organizations that we are set up with are: KMAQ (Radio), KCRG TV 9, WQAD TV 8, and KCCK. Mr. Bonjour will also email the Telegraph Herald and send out an email.
Log on to our website and they are uploaded to that each morning around 10 as long as the secretary is at work: https://midland.k12.ia.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Announcements.pdf
MONTHLY MIDLAND NEWSLETTER:
You can also sign up to receive the Midland newsletter directly to your in-box by emailing me your name and email address. This comes out after the 25th of each month for the following month. You can always access these online at https://midland.k12.ia.us/district-info/district-newsletter/
The school calendar is online at https://midland.k12.ia.us/district-info/district-calendar/ – PLEASE be sure to write down our early dismissals on your calendar at home this year as they are NOT each Wednesday that we don’t have another early out or no school day this year, so please check the calendar closely.
Midland students and staff are required to have a Midland parking tag displayed in the front window of their vehicle. This helps us know who is in our parking lots and if we have issues, what student to ask to move their vehicle. Tags are $5 each and can be purchased at the office.
During our school day all exterior doors are locked for student safety so you cannot come in any door but the front MAIN ENTRANCE. It is located at the SE corner where the old building meets the new, and it says in big black letters MAIN ENTRY above the doors. These doors will also be locked between 8:10AM-3:15PM on school days. If you arrive during these hours you will need to push the little silver button on the wall to your left as facing the doors. This will signal an alarm in the main office. If I am not right at my desk it may take a minute or two to get someone to unlock it. If no one comes in a minute or two please push the button again. When the office unlocks it you will hear a click and then you have 20 seconds to pull the door open. Then you will need to enter the door to the right that goes through the main office. All visitors must check in.
Parking for visitors is in the lot closest to the science wing of the building. You can short term park in the curved area along the sidewalk. Please do not park along the straight sidewalk south of the building during AM or PM around bus times.
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are but an email or phone call away.
Midland offers an activities bus for middle school students who stay for practices, for homework help, or for detentions. The bus will run every day there is middle school practice of any kind. Generally none on Wednesdays.
The activities bus will be loading kids behind the school out the north door by the shop next to the football practice field. The bus leaves at 5:05 p.m. sharp.