Parent Resources


The school has contact information for the following programs, if interested see the building principal for more information:

Free school supplies/backpacks for any student that needs them. Please have them call the Family Resource Center at 319-462-5318 and leave a message.  We can provide supplies and backpacks, even after the school year has started.

The Jones County Family Council (JCFC) and Community Partnerships for Protecting Children (CPPC) work together.  We have an Equal Opportunity Fund for any student in any grade in Jones County. This can cover anything a student may need during the school day

Another fund JCFC/CPPC has is the Emergency Fund.  This is for a family (with children) that needs help with a situation at home.  This could be rent, utilities, water, transportation, bed bugs, etc,

Through Jones County Sleep in Heavenly Peace, any kid (age 3-17) that needs a bed can receive a free one.  It is a twin bed and comes with a mattress, pillow, and sheets-everything new.  The link to request a bed is  The request comes directly to me and I reach out to the family to set up the bed delivery. Anyone can fill out the application (friend, neighbor, teacher, etc).  Parents have to sign off on a form if they want their child’s picture taken and put on the Jones County SHP Facebook page, otherwise pictures are not taken.

More information also available from:

Heather Weers, Jones County Coordinator for DECAT/Community Partnerships for Protecting Children/Family Council


The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has a Rental Assistance Finder  to connect renters and landlords to state and local organizations distributing federal rental assistance. This tool can help renters and landlords to avoid eviction and navigate financial hardships related to the pandemic. 


We would like you to be aware of some great resources available to help families.

HACAP (Hawkeye Area Community Action Program) has several great programs:

-Low-Income Heating Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): helps with the cost of heating and cooling your home. This program is for low-income households and the elderly and disabled.

-Weatherization Program (goes along with the LIHEAP program): HACAP will check over your furnace, make minor repairs, and help insulate your home to help reduce utility costs.

-Housing Rehabilitation Program: If you own your own home but need help with the cost of home repairs (such as a new roof, stairs, flooring, etc.) this program can help with these costly repairs.

-Emergency Food Boxes- If you are in a pinch and cannot afford to buy food for your family, the Emergency Food Box will feed a family of four for four days.

For more information about these programs go to or call Mitch Finn at HACAP at (319) 739-1539 or e-mail him:

Need additional resources to meet your basic needs? Contact Sandy Hein, Midland Elem. Counselor at 563.488.2292 ext 3250 or Mackenzie Lasack, Midland M.S./H.S. Counselor at the same number but call extension 1250.